Announcement: VALLA final conference, 30 March 2010, Brussels (Belgium)
The VALLA project partners are pleased to announce the presentation of the results of the VALLA project, which will take place at the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts in Brussels, on March 30.
Please CLICK HERE for the detailed programme.
The event will also be an opportunity to discuss and debate the most pressing challenges in the field of recognition and accreditation of lifelong learning. Participants are expected to be from industry, education and educational policy in the field.
If you are interested in attending, please contact the project coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 23rd March.
Training workshop "How to Write Training Units", 26-27 November 2009, Dublin (Ireland)
The VALLA project has developed a very interesting dedicated software tool, which enables course developers to define learning experiences where competence is acquired, such as short courses, workshops, work placements, field trips etc., in terms of learning outcomes and competences, in accordance with European principles, in a user-friendly methodology.
The tool was developed based on existing European Best Practice and is intended to take you through all the steps needed to describe courses and course units in terms of Learning Outcomes, following Best Practice methods. If the instructions are followed carefully, you will be able to define (or redefine) your courses in a format that should be suitable for submission to an awarding body in order to receive appropriate recognition and potentially accreditation.
The online tool and the methodology behind it has been tested in the “How to Write Training Units” workshop which was held in Dublin in November 2009, as pilot testing is part of the project methodology. Participants learned about the EC principles in defining courses and benefited from creating their own modules using those principles. Trainers included VALLA partners and staff from the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Marieke Reuver at email@example.com
- Kick-off meeting, March 2008, Athens (Greece)
- Working meeting, July 2008, Glasgow (UK)
- 2nd partner meeting, November 2008, Glasgow (UK)
- 3rd partner meeting, June 2009, Crete (Greece)
- 4th partner meeting, September 2009, Crete (Greece)
EQF Launch Conference
The EQF launch conference was held on 3-4 June 2008 in Brussels. In attendance were 230 representatives of national authorities, social partners, industry sectors and stakeholders' organisations. Full details of all presentations can be accessed here: http://ec.europa.eu/education/policies/educ/eqf/conf_en.html.
The AQUATT team, presenting the VALLA project, can be seen here with some of the organisers.
Visit the CEDEFOP website for all the latest information regarding VET events in Europe.
European Network for Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training – interesting website with all the latest developments in Quality Assurance in VET: http://www.enqavet.eu
VALLA has been promoted at the following events:
- TUNING dissemination Conference, 21—22 April 2008, Brussels (Belgium)
- Aquaculture UK 2008, 21-22 May 2008, Aviemore (UK)
- FEAP Annual General Meeting, Gran Canaria (Spain)
- EQF Implementation Conference, 3-4 June 2008, Brussels (Belgium)
- Stakeholder Meeting of the European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (EATIP), 10 June 2008, Ghent (Belgium)
- AquaTT Director Management Meeting, 11 June 2008, Dublin (Ireland)
- EAS2008, 15-18 September 2008, Krakow (Poland)
- AQUA-TNET Annual Meeting 2008, 19 September 2008, Krakow (Poland)
- PROFET POLICY workshop, 16-17 October 2008, Treviso (Italy)
- TransEQFrame seminar, 19-21 November 2008, Helsinki (Finland)
- FEAP Presidents’ Meeting, Bodrum (Turkey)
- Aquaculture Europe, August 2009, Trondheim (Norway)
- Larvi ’09, September 2009, Ghent (Belgium)
- AQUA-TNET Annual Event 2009, 5-7 October 2009, Sant Feliu de Guixols (Spain)